A quick update on where the migration-related modules I maintain on Drupal 7 (migrate, migrate_d2d, and wordpress_migrate) stand now, to help set people's expectations of the level of support they can expect in the issue queues. There are two main points:
- I am now officially working full-time on migration in Drupal 8, for the time being (I'll have a blog post with details on that work shortly).
- I feel that the Drupal 7 migration modules are pretty much functionally complete.
- A justification that the feature is generally useful (and not just addressing a very narrow use case),
- Demonstration that the desired outcome is not achievable (at least without considerable effort) using existing functionality, and
- A patch (ideally reviewed & tested by the community).